Scripture: Luke 6:27-28 But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.
Devotional: So far this week, we’ve talked about what happens when we allow bitterness to take root in our lives. But what do we do to prevent that from happening? How can we safeguard our hearts from the threat?
Today’s passage holds some great next steps for a remedy: love, do good, bless, pray. Take action toward the positive rather than passively navigating toward the negative. Take the road less traveled.
You’ll be glad you did.
- Ask yourself these questions and then act as prompted :
- Who is my enemy? Show love to them.
- Who hates me? Do good to them.
- Who has cursed you? Bless them.
- Who has mistreated you? Pray for them.