Scripture: Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
Devotional: When do you feel most afraid? For me, it’s when I think I am in control or I want to be in control, and I recognize, I have absolutely no control.
- No control over a loved one dying.
- No control over a critical diagnosis.
- No control over being let go from your job.
- No control over being misunderstood.
- No control over being abandoned by one you thought would be forever yours.
When you find yourself experiencing that kind of fear, the best step toward trusting God is a simple prayer: “Lord help me surrender what I cannot control.”
“Lord help me surrender what I cannot control.”
When you are afraid, you are feeling something untrusting, but you can act in trusting ways through a simple prayer of surrender.
- In what areas are you struggling with control? Pray this prayer of surrender: “Lord help me surrender what I cannot control.”